Support Request - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Stephen Vickers
Subject Support Request
Date
List pgadmin-support

Hi Team.

I’ve been using PGADMIN for a while now and one of the most painful things is when I have many tabs open to do my work…

The tab names in PGADMIN are extremely long. Eg: “TheNameOfMyDatabase/myusername@PostgreSQL 11”.

When I change tabs my other tabs go off the screen and I have to use the tab arrow keys a lot to navigate back and forth.

So I only really see a couple or so tabs at any given time.

I know what DB I’m connected to and I know my user name as they also appear under the tab. So all I really need is a tab number to help me navigate the tabs quickly.

The short tab names would mean I could have many tabs showing at the same time across the top of the screen for fast tab switching.

Could we please have a configuration option to just have numbered tabs rather than the current naming convention or some other simple and short name sequence please?

Maybe the feature already exists and I don’t know where to find it – any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Steve.