Replication: slave server has 3x size of production server? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Replication: slave server has 3x size of production server?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I've a database cluster created at 9.6.10 linux x64 server rhel. I made progressive upgrades, first upgrading slave and then upgrading master.
Actually both are running 9.6.17.
Current production server has 196Gb in size.
Nevertheless, the replicated (slave) server has 598 Gb in size.
Replication server has 3x size of production server, is that normal?

Shall I drop the slave server and re-create it? How to avoid this situation in future?

Thanks,

Edson