Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tutiluren@tutanota.com
Subject Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?
Date
Responses Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?  (Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com>)
Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?  (Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>)
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 10:40 PM <tutiluren@tutanota.com> wrote:

Well not partial as in incremental. Instead dump only some portion of the schema with or without its associated data.
It's funny that you should bring that up, considering how it was one of my points... See the point about pg_dump's bug on Windows.

And you seem to have ignored the fact that one of the core developers pointed out that it likely isn't a pg_dump bug - if your terminal is using the same locale as the database, it should have no difficulty dealing with the characters you are having trouble with.  It seems likely that you simply need to learn how to get your terminal set up correctly for it to work.
Yeah, this isn't rude or insulting at all...

Funny how my "incorrectly set up terminal" works perfectly for all other programs and my own test scripts, but not for pg_dump specifically. And only when using "special" characters. As already pointed out multiple times, in great detail, to deaf ears. Very interesting how you can manage to twist and bend that into it still somehow being "my fault". Because of course it cannot be pg_dump's fault. Absolutely not. It is unthinkable. It's the "rude user"'s fault who had the audacity to point out yet another PG bug which more than likely won't *ever* be fixed, as it's not even recognized, much less cared about. Probably because they *want* PostgreSQL to be crippled on Windows, judging by the responses in the past and how incredibly broken the joke of an installer is.

You should call it "Linux software with minimal pre-alpha Windows support" instead of pretending that it's cross-platform, and that goes for many FOSS projects as well which think exactly the same as you. The fact that I still use this garbage OS (Windows) speaks volumes of how incredibly crappy Linux is, which is utterly *unusable*.

But of course I should be grateful no matter what because it doesn't cost money. Because my time and energy is worthless. And the competition is "even worse", so that means I cannot point out any fault, ever, no matter how serious or how easily it could be fixed. I should just shut up and thank everyone for insulting me through carelessness and words. Or "fix it myself", because that's obviously an option as I haven't done it so far...

I did read the rest of your e-mail, but it would be pointless to reply to it as you clearly have the mentality that everyone should dedicate their lives to configuring a database and buying books instead of using it, because everyone should be core developers and everything must always be cryptic and difficult and blablabla. I'm sick of this attitude, and especially of being called "rude" by such rude-beyond-words people.

It would be refreshing to hear your be honest for once and just admit that you *want* it to be difficult. You *like* that there's a high threshold and it makes you feel superior to exclude "dumb" people who can't figure out all these cryptic (and downright broken) things. I truly believe that this is the reason for a lot of "weird" things which seem to make no sense on the surface.