Re: Table Meta-Data - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Duncan Garland
Subject Re: Table Meta-Data
Date
List pgsql-novice
If you go into psql and type \?, it will give you a list of command which do
that sort of thing.

Postgres 8.0 also has an INFORMATION_SCHEMA, but I don't know much about it.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Greg Lindstrom
Sent: 25 January 2007 13:39
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] Table Meta-Data

Hello,

I am running Postgres 8.0 on a Gento Box and would like to access the
information about the tables in my database.  How do I access the column
names, data types, comments, etc?

Thanks,
--greg

--
Greg Lindstrom               501 975.4859 (office)
Programmer                   501 219-4455 (fax)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."  W.W.