Invalid page header in block xxxx - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carmen Wai
Subject Invalid page header in block xxxx
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello:

I am a new user of postgresql. I am using postgresql 7.3.4 and I had
inserted about 1.7 million records to a table. When I vacuum / select * from
table, it gets a error message of : Invalid page header in block xxx of
TableA. I check that I still can insert records to the table. But I am not
able to get part of the data (as I try to copy all records to text file,
only around 1.6 million records are copied.)

How can I recovery the data, and how can I prevent the occurrence of this
error? I am only using the default config in postgresql.conf.

Thanks a lot!
Carmen

Linguaphone :  Learning English? Get Japanese lessons for FREE
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/30476.asp