Re: Firebird and PostgreSQL at the DB Corral. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alice Bag
Subject Re: Firebird and PostgreSQL at the DB Corral.
Date
List pgsql-general
> > The only reason PG views aren't
> > updateable by default is (AIUI) a lack of agreement on how they should
> > work for complex view definitions.
>
>Actually I think it's more that no one has felt like tackling it.  The
>SQL spec only requires views to be updatable when they are "sufficiently
>simple", and it turns out that the spec's constraints on "sufficiently
>simple" eliminate all the doubtful cases.
>
>            regards, tom lane

Sure would be sweet to have it.

While I'm here I take this chance to say.. PostgreSQL ROCKS!   Thanks to
everyone who makes PG great.  I'll go back to lurking. G

Get dial-up Internet access now with our best offer: 6 months @$9.95/month!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup