Re: pg_class and relfilenode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From muteki muteki
Subject Re: pg_class and relfilenode
Date
List pgsql-general
>At the very least you should be running 7.2.4.  We do not make
>dot-releases for entertainment value, we make them because there
>are critical bug fixes.  In particular, this 7.2.4 fix:
>* Ensure pg_clog updates are sync'd to disk before marking checkpoint
>complete
>might well have something to do with your problems.

Do you know the fix to allow forcefully drop a table (even though the
relfilenode doesn't exist) is in 7.2.4?

>Views don't have underlying files at all.  Shared tables live in a
>different directory.  You had better study the system catalogs more
>carefully before you start writing scripts to hack them.

Thanks for the valuable information.   Actually, I have tried to focus on
chapter 3 of PostgreSQL 7.2 Documentation and having difficulty in finding
the information you mentioned above.  Am I reading the right document?

Thanks,

--muteki

Optimize your Internet experience to the max with the new MSN Premium
Internet Software. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/