Re: PostgreSQL not starting after changing Hostname - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gareth Kirwan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL not starting after changing Hostname
Date
List pgsql-admin
The Postgresql start up script is in /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql

if you strace service postgresql start you might see why it won't start.

It won't have anything to do with the hba.conf yet - but it may later (once
the daemon is actually up and running )

Gareth

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Josue Camargo
Sent: 17 July 2002 20:55
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] PostgreSQL not starting after changing Hostname

Hi everybody,

I'm quite a new guy on the Linux World and I have a tremendous problem
with ProstgreSQL, the problem is that after changing the name of the
host (via Network Manager in KDE) and restarting the server, the
PosgreSQL (and other things like XWindow) stopped working.

I tried to restore the original name via changing the "/etc/hosts" and
"/etc/sysconfig/network" files and running the "/bin/hostname -s"
command but it didn't resolve my problem.

The server is running Linux RedHat 7.2 and PostgreSQL 7.2

Any ideas?