Re: log_duration - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: log_duration
Date
List pgsql-admin
> From: Tom Lane
> "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > On top of a confusing day, I now have this:
> > I set log_duration = true in a postgresql.conf file.
> > I startup and test, local users connected via psql:
> working, no problem.
> > Users connecting remotely, same user, same database: no log of query
> > statement durations.
> > There is nothing in the code that sets this value
> independently for sets
> > of users (is there?)
>
> No.  How sure are you that the remote users are really
> connecting to the
> same postmaster?

Yes, very definitely.

I'm sitting here watching the Statement: lines scroll up the screen for
the remotely connected users.
Local sessions show both Statement: and Duration:

Can't see anything in the code that gives any kind of conditional on
that.

The code is straight 8.0.1, no code editing, but compiled on SUSE.

I wouldn't care, but I'm trying to tune the database, so the missing
data matters,

Best Regards, Simon Riggs