Re: Re: Logging Help Needed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oakley
Subject Re: Re: Logging Help Needed
Date
List pgsql-general
--

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:19:33   leonbloy wrote:
>>  "Oakley  " <oakerz@eudoramail.com> writes:
>>  > When I did the configure, I did it with
>>  > --enable-syslog and with the --without-CXX
>>  > options. I read the online docs and created a
>>  > file in the /usr/local/pgsql/data directory
>>  > called postgresql.conf, and put in the options
>>  > I wanted, those being:
>>
>>  Sigh.  We've *really* got to rearrange the website so that the most
>>  visible set of docs are for the latest release, not for the development
>>  tip version.  You're trying to use configuration features that will be
>>  in 7.1, but they're not there now.  See the docs that came with 7.0.*
>>  instead.
>>
>>              regards, tom lane
>>

>Hee ... I was caught by that one...
>http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-general/2000-06/msg00687.html
>
>So many programs apologize for not having the docs
>updated with the software...
>Postgres must be the only one having docs on line that
>apply to a future version  :-))))
>
>Regards
>
>Hernan

First off, lemme say thanks to everyone... now I have one more thing...

where are the docs that go along with the current version? I have browsed and rebrowsed the site and everything seems
tostick right with the forthcoming version...

oak