Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Well, I think it's a bit different than Wine, a _huge_ binary trying to
emulate every call of an operating system (and making things more than a bit
slower).

If there is a stripped down, out-of-the-box install that includes cygwin, do
you think that will turn people off? It would be essentially invisible.

There was a native PG (7.0.3, IIRC) floating around on the web, so _someone_
has done this before.

- J.

Joel BURTON | joel@joelburton.com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant