xx000:No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it - Mailing list pgsql-general

From chuanying
Subject xx000:No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I've developed an application using Nhibernate with postgresql version
8.1.4. I have encountered an adhoc application shut down with the following
error message in postgresql/data/pg_log:

LOG:  XX000: could not receive data from client: No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it.

May I know what are the possible causes which caused postgresql to throw
such error?

All helps are appreciated! Thanks!

regards,
ycy