Re: ECPG: using cursor returned from a stored function - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Gaetano Sferra
Subject Re: ECPG: using cursor returned from a stored function
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> Cursors in ECPG are managed differently, so I strongly suspect that your idea
> won't work.

I know how cursor work in ECPG to perform queries but I need to use a cursor
returned by a stored function, eg:

CREATE FUNCTION myfunction() RETURNS REFCURSOR AS'
BEGIN
DECLARE mycursor FOR SELECT * FROM mytable;
OPEN mycursor;
RETURN mycursor;
END;
'LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

Now I need to retrieve the cursor returned by this function in an ECPG module to
use it in a C program.
How I can do it or it is impossible? If it is impossible cursors returned by a
stored funcion are only useful within a plpgsql context?
Please, I need an exaustive reply to proceed with my works.

Thank you,
Gaetano Sferra

Libero ADSL: navighi gratis a 1.2 Mega, senza canone e costi di attivazione.
Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it