Re: pgaccess.org - invitation for a working meeting - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Iavor Raytchev
Subject Re: pgaccess.org - invitation for a working meeting
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks Josh,

Good, encouraging words. There are two mailing lists - please feel free to
make them popular -

developers@pgaccess.org    users@pgaccess.org

Both are run on qmail/ezmlm, for help send a blank e-mail to -

developers-help@pgaccess.org    users-help@pgaccess.org

The lists are not moderated. Please, ONLY people who develop or would like
to develop subscribe to 'developers'. On 'users' we'll be happy to read what
people expect form pgaccess.

There will be bugzilla soon on bugzilla.pgaccess.org

The current stage is - we are about the merge the three major (known)
patches to pgaccess done by Bartus, Chris and Boyan with the latest known
version of pgaccess. Tacho (tacho@verysmall.org) will be the release
engineer in the beginning. This should happen this week or so (Chris is
about to submit his work).

To repeat again - we all use, like and admire PostgreSQL. And pgaccess. The
only reason to set up a separate community for it is because we believe that
it needs a bit more air.

pgaccess has no meaning outside PostgreSQL. We do not try to steal it or
take it over,... One day I should write a page how the whole things started,
so that I do not have to explain it every time.

All best to everyone,

Iavor

PS Josh, testing and documenting are two good activities. What we urgently
need is a dedicated release engineer - Tacho will do this in the beginning
but he can not promise long term commitment. And Teo is busy right now.