RE: [Bus error] huge_pages default value (try) not fall back - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fan Liu
Subject RE: [Bus error] huge_pages default value (try) not fall back
Date
List pgsql-bugs
-----Original Message-----
From: Fan Liu
Sent: 2020年2月21日 10:15
To: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6@gmail.com>; pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [Bus error] huge_pages default value (try) not fall back

-----Original Message-----

initdbwas ran (this is what I did)."

>> I am working on this workaround , but has not really tested yet.  So, do you think this could avoid this issue?  Or
doyou see any side impact for this workaround?

>If you don't necessarily need to use huge pages, then yes, I guess it should work. In case if initdb tries to read
configfrom some other location, you can always point it to whatever you need via -L option.

-----------------------------------

Hi Dmitry,

I had try the workaround. The result is that there is still bus error, but postgresql did come up.

I am not that understand why this could happen.

Attached core dump file, could you take a look?

$ file core
core: ELF 64-bit LSB core file x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), SVR4-style, from '/usr/lib/postgresql10/bin/postgres --boot
-x0-F -c max_connections=20 -c share', real uid: 26, effective uid: 26, real gid: 26, effective gid: 26, execfn:
'/usr/lib/postgresql10/bin/postgres',platform: 'x86_64'

BRs,
Fan Liu

Attachment