[pgadmin-support] Failed backup Job. How to find out why it failed. - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Rob Musitano
Subject [pgadmin-support] Failed backup Job. How to find out why it failed.
Date
List pgadmin-support

All.

I have a backup job that runs each day yet it shows failed.  How can I see why it failed or where the error is? I searched across PGADMIN and cannot locate a log that shows me the details.  The only location that I see failed status is at the job in Properties and in the Statistic listing.  Where can I see more of the output or errors that lead to this status.

The job is listed as Routine Maintenance and to get to Success I have ‘On Error’ temporarily set to ignore.

I’m using pgAdmin 1.14.3

PostgreSQL : 9.1.14-1

Example of my run:

%PGBIN%pg_dump -i -h %PGHOST% -U %PGUSER% -F c -b -v -f "%BACKUPDIR%serverpub-%year%%month%%day%%hh%%nn%.compressed" serverpub

Thanks in advance.

Rob

CONFIDENTIAL
This message and any attachments (the "Message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying or dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return and delete this original Message and any copies from your system. E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Louis Dreyfus Company BV and its subsidiaries and other affiliates shall not be liable if the Message is altered, changed or falsified.

This is an environment friendly email. Please do not print it unless it is really necessary.