Re: pg_pconnect - ?? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: pg_pconnect - ??
Date
List pgsql-php
> Are you sure? Doesn't the httpd child process close the active connection
> if the database/username pair is different, before opening a new one?
> On a db with say 10000 different users, the usage of pconnect() may
> potentially lead to 10000 * B open connections (thus postgres backends),
> most of those completely useless...
>
> ... some thinking ...
>
> no, I was wrong:
>
> pgsql.max_persistent  integer
>     The maximum number of persistent Postgres connections per process.

See the big argument I had with the PHP developers with regards to the
crapness of their persistent connection implementation for Postgres:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=13463

I still don't think the guy has any idea what I'm talking about, and they've
filed my report as 'bogus'.  Very annoying...

Chris