Re: replace oidrand() with random_sample() - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: replace oidrand() with random_sample()
Date
List pgsql-patches
> > Well, now you're adding a whole lot of maintenance effort to support
> > some quite-hypothetical users of a function we all agree is junk ;-)
> >
> > I think we should either leave it be, or rip it out and be done with it.
> > I don't actually much care which (does anyone out there have an
> > opinion?).  But a phased-obsolescence plan is far more work than it
> > deserves.
>
> Yea, just remove it and we can re-add it later if people ask for it.

C'mon guys!  We really have to leave it!  It's of no consequence to us to
leave it there, and backwards compatibility is really, really important!

(Says guy who just spend 3 hours trying to upgrade development server to
7.3!)

Chris