Re: Can a broken Postgresql data directory be reconstructed withoutlosing data? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ricardo Martin Gomez
Subject Re: Can a broken Postgresql data directory be reconstructed withoutlosing data?
Date
List pgsql-general
You must to restore a database from a backup.

Regards.

From: A A <fellah.tech@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2018 5:25:05 AM
To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Can a broken Postgresql data directory be reconstructed without losing data?

I'm trying to restore a database from a broken data directory that have lost many of its files accidentally.

I have tried unsuccessfully to install new instance of the same Postgresql version and then copy (with overwrite) the broken datadir to the new one. here the remaining datadir that I'm working on :

   |-base  |---1  |---16384  |---17950  |---19621  |---pgsql_tmp  |-global  |-pg_multixact  |---members  |---offsets  |-pg_notify  |-pg_stat_tmp  |-pg_tblspc  |-pg_xlog  |---archive_status