Re: RFC: Additional Directory for Extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: RFC: Additional Directory for Extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jun 25, 2024, at 10:43 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> If we want to work on making the sorts of changes that
> you're proposing, let's do it on a separate thread. It's not going to
> be meaningfully harder to move in that direction after some patch like
> this than it is today.

I appreciate this separation of concerns, Robert.

In other news, here’s an updated patch that expands the documentation to record that the destination directory is a
prefix,and full paths should be used under it. Also take the opportunity to document the PGXS DESTDIR variable as the
thingto use to install files under the destination directory.

It still requires a server restart; I can change it back to superuser-only if that’s the consensus.

For those who prefer a GitHub patch review experience, see this PR:

  https://github.com/theory/postgres/pull/3/files

Best,

David

Attachment