Re: [BUG?] strange behavior in ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO on inherited columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: [BUG?] strange behavior in ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO on inherited columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On 23. Januar 2010 22:29:23 -0500 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't think this is ready for committer, becauseTom previously
> objected to the approach taken by this patch here, and no one has
> answered his objections:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-01/msg00144.php

Ugh, i thought KaiGai's revised patch here

<http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4B41BB04.2070609@ak.jp.nec.com>

was in response to Tom's complaint, since it modifies the method to identify
column origins by recursivly scanning pg_inherits with its current
inhrelid.

> I think someone needs to figure out what the worst-case scenario for
> this is performance-wise and submit a reproducible test case with
> benchmark results.  In the meantime, I'm going to set this to Waiting
> on Author.

Makes sense.

--
Thanks