FW: Suggestions please: names for function cachability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From SHELTON,MICHAEL (Non-HP-Boise,ex1)
Subject FW: Suggestions please: names for function cachability
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

I sent a list of items I would like to work on for my Master's Project
yesterday, but didn't hear back.  I don't want to be a pest, but was
wondering when you turned on your anti-spam software -- is it possible I got
kicked out and you didn't get my reply?

Thanks,
Mike Shelton

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Lockhart [mailto:thomas@fourpalms.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 9:45 AM
To: mlw
Cc: Tom Lane; pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Suggestions please: names for function
cachability

> I'm not sure I'm the only one, am I?

No, I was also blocked from Tom's mail a while ago. I have a static IP,
but my ISP's entire block of addresses made it on to the spam list Tom
uses, and the strategy of the list maintainers seems to be to maximize
the collateral damage to force me to somehow force my ISP to change
their policies, whatever those are. If I researched it enough, I might
be able to find out what my ISP does or does not do, and what I'm
supposed to do or not do. What a pain...

Not sure if my status has changed. I'll bet not, since the anti-spam
folks have high enough standards that someone like me can't make the
grade. I suppose they don't rely on PostgreSQL for their database... ;)

That said, I'd like to block some spam myself. I'd rather find a spam
list which doesn't already have me disallowed however...
                    - Thomas