Re: Allow to_date() and to_timestamp() to accept localized names - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: Allow to_date() and to_timestamp() to accept localized names
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Jan 28, 2020, at 7:47 AM, Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This looks like a POSIX feature that some systems might not like (Windows [1]). But if this is something that the
patchshould aim to, I am fine with a RWF and give it another try in the future.

As long as this implementation doesn’t create a backward-compatibility problem when doing a more complete
implementationlater, I’m fine with this patch not tackling the whole problem.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company