Re: Allow ssl_renegotiation_limit in PG 9.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Allow ssl_renegotiation_limit in PG 9.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Oct 17, 2015, at 10:57 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> Rough patch for the extensible, backpatchable, non-invasive proposal
>> attached.
>
> This just doesn't make any sense. This way npgsql setting that flag can't be released before a new set of backbranch
releasesare in widespread use. Otherwise it'll just error out in all those, not just in 9.5 as it's now the case. It
breakscompatibility with all unsupported versions of postgres because those will never learn to ignore this driver
argument.Without any need.

Quite so.  Simon's proposal would leave a swath of devastation of exactly the type we're trying to fix, but on an epic
scale.

...Robert