Re: "sniffing" postgres queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: "sniffing" postgres queries
Date
List pgsql-general
You might be able to get enough information looking at the raw
frontend/backend protocol exchange (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/
8.2/static/protocol.html) using something like tcpflow or Ethereal.

On Mar 20, 2007, at 5:45 PM, Anton Melser wrote:

> I am having real trouble with a project that is a little out of my
> league and I just can't find out how to find which table the app is
> getting its values from (it's a long story...). I know what values I
> am looking for, and would like to log everything (even if only for one
> call of a web page...) that comes in and everything that goes out. Is
> this possible at the db level? Even debug5 doesn't seem to give me the
> result of a query... If it is only possible at the driver level (I did
> something vaguely similar with the odbc driver I think), then any
> pointers for a jdbc2 on 8.1.4?

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL