Re: preventing pgsql to autostart - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Brandon Aiken
Subject Re: preventing pgsql to autostart
Date
List pgsql-novice

Go Start --> Run --> “services.msc”.  Scroll down to “PostgreSQL Database Sever 8.1”.  Right-click and choose properties.  Change Startup Type to Manual.

You can also use services.msc to start and stop the service manually, or run “net stop pgsql-8.1” or “net start pgsql-8.1”.

--

Brandon Aiken

CS/IT Systems Engineer

From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of roy simkes
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 4:31 AM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] preventing pgsql to autostart

Is there a way to stop pgsql from auto starting pgsql. I do not only use my computer only for developement and I generally forget to close databases and my pc gaming experience is getting worse! Is there a way that I prevent pgsql to autostart when windows start. Or should I stop it manually every time. I have check pgsql.conf but I did not find any thing about it.
Thanks for your time
Roy Simkes

Check the weather nationwide with MSN Search Try it now!