Re: How Do You Associate a Query With its Invoking Procedure? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Roman Konoval
Subject Re: How Do You Associate a Query With its Invoking Procedure?
Date
List pgsql-performance
If you can change the application then one option is to set application_name so that it contains API function name. This should happen before the first call in API function hits the database. After the API function finishes it should reset application_name.

Then you can enable logging of all queries and set the format to include application_name parameter. This way every query is logged and each log entry has an application name.

Several things to keep in mind:
1. logging everything may affect performance
2. application_name is 64 chars by default

Regards,
Roman Konoval