Re: Multi DB performance test - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guido Neitzer
Subject Re: Multi DB performance test
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12.03.2007, at 22:46, Tom Lane wrote:

> Most of us stopped reading about the place where they explained
> that (a) they did zero tuning on each database, and (b) they were
> comparing myisam to transactional engines.

What I don't like about things like that, is that some morons throw
something together they call a "performance test", add some colorful
graphs to it and it will be quoted for the next ten years, "decision
makers" will base their recommendations on it and a lot of followers
will just believe.

Whether or not this applies to the referenced test - judge yourself.

cug