Re: Mid-term status - Mailing list pgsql-students

From Stas Kelvich
Subject Re: Mid-term status
Date
List pgsql-students
Hi Thom, students and mentors.

My project status:

* Point data type support — finished, patch on commitfest. Alexander recommended some improvements to patch, that I've
notdone yet.
* Support for storing cube coordinates with different data types — working, but i have found strong performance
regressionwith current implementation. I will submit patch right after I will fix this.

Next two major things is:
* support for kNN with different metrics — pretty simple task, i think it isn't take much time to implement.
• Trying different split algorithms — all the remaining project time will be concentrated on this thing.

Stas Kelvich