Re: How to get normalized data from tekst column - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: How to get normalized data from tekst column
Date
List pgsql-general
David,

Thank you.

>Whether you can write a sufficient function with 8.1 features I do not
>know.
>You main issue is you need to be able to output multiple records from a
>single input record and doing so before 8.4 seems problematic since
>functions like substring cannot do that.

comment field contain 0.. 2  salemans, no more:

'Aavo 19%, Peedu 15%'
'Lauri-21%,Peedu 15%'
'Taavi 21%'

Maybe in 8.1 it is possible to write 2 select statements. First will extract
first item and second select
will extract second item if second item exists ?

Andrus.