Re: New server setup - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Benjamin Krajmalnik
Subject Re: New server setup
Date
List pgsql-performance
Set it to use session.  I had a similar issue having moved one of the components of our app to use transactions, which
introducedan undesired behavior.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Niels
KristianSchjødt
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:12 AM
To: Kevin Grittner
Cc: Craig James; pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] New server setup

Thanks, that was actually what I just ended up doing yesterday. Any suggestion how to tune pgbouncer?

BTW, I have just bumped into an issue that caused me to disable pgbouncer again actually. My web application is
queryingthe database with a per request based SEARCH_PATH. This is because I use schemas to provide country based
separationof my data (e.g. english, german, danish data in different schemas). I have pgbouncer setup to have a
transactionalbehavior (pool_mode = transaction) - however some of my colleagues complained that it sometimes didn't
returndata from the right schema set in the SEARCH_PATH - you wouldn't by chance have any idea what is going wrong
wouldn'tyou?

#################### pgbouncer.ini
[databases]
production =

[pgbouncer]

logfile = /var/log/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.log pidfile = /var/run/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.pid listen_addr = localhost
listen_port= 6432 unix_socket_dir = /var/run/postgresql auth_type = md5 auth_file = /etc/pgbouncer/userlist.txt
admin_users= postgres pool_mode = transaction server_reset_query = DISCARD ALL max_client_conn = 500 default_pool_size
=20 reserve_pool_size = 5 reserve_pool_timeout = 10 #####################