Upgrading from 9.0.3 to latest - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Benjamin Krajmalnik
Subject Upgrading from 9.0.3 to latest
Date
List pgsql-admin

I will be taking down all of our infrastructure to update firmware on the controllers due to a bug affecting BBU (wonderful J ).

I was thinking of taking the opportunity and upgrading pg from 9.0.3 (amd64 on Freebsd 8.1) to the latest version 9.0.6.

In the release notes for 9.0.6, it mentions:

fix bugs in information_schema.referential_constraints view (Tom Lane)

Is the dropping and recreation of this mandatory, and if so, can it be done at any time while the server is already being pounded with data?

TIA,

Benjamin