parallel option in pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Igor Neyman
Subject parallel option in pg_restore
Date
Re: parallel option in pg_restore  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-admin
I'm testing 8.4.4 (on Windows) before upgrading our app to this PG version.

When running pg_restore with "-j 2" parallel option, I'm getting the following error:

"pg_restore: [custom archiver] dumping a specific TOC data block out of order is not supported without ID on this input stream (fseek required)"

in the log file.

Mind you, the backup (which I'm restoring here) was done in "custom" mode ( -F c) using pg_dump version 8.2.5.
Is this error results from version differences between pg_dump and pg_restore?

The reason I'm using "old" backups (created with older pg_dump version) is that I'm trying to save time during upgrade, and I have these big backup files already created.

TIA,
Igor Neyman