Re: Query returns no rows in pg_basebackup cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: Query returns no rows in pg_basebackup cluster
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

>>> No.  Physical copies need to be based on the same platform.
>> Does the O/S that the client software runs on really affect this?
>To the extent that the O/S determines text sort order, yes; see thread.
>The short answer here is that we aren't going to support such cases.
>If you try to replicate across platforms, and it works, you're in luck.
>If it doesn't work, you get to keep both pieces; we will not accept
>that as a bug.

In 2017 Peter wrote that  ICU-based collations will offered alongside the libc-based collations (1)
Currently it still requires re-compilation of Postgres for all binary replication platforms.
Maybe ICU locale will selected during installation automatically in Postgres 13 . Using same ICU locale in all
replicationplatforms

will hopefully fix the issue.

Currently option is to use ucs_basic as default collation when creating cluster.

(1) https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/blog/icu-support-postgresql-10/

Andrus.