Immediate opening for Postgres DBA - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Ben Chobot
Subject Immediate opening for Postgres DBA
Date
List pgsql-jobs
My company (Instructure) is looking to grow its DBA team. We've been making waves in the education SaaS industry for
almosta decade, and like to think that we're leading the fight against iffy, mothbally, and otherwise shoddy software
thatgets in the way of learning. People love us and we're growing fast. Our future is bright, but we need more than
shadesto get there. That's where you come in.

We need somebody who can:

- Be part of an on-call team
- Have the knowledge to know how to respond to database problems at 3am
- Be able to automate processes so that there aren't database problems at 3am
- Be a point of contact for questions about databases, both from technical engineers and less technical members of the
company
- Be on top of problems before they become problems

The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge with:

- Linux
- Amazon Web Services
- Postgres
- pgBouncer, or some other form of database pooling
- Ansible, or some other form of config management
- Datadog, or some other from of resource monitoring and alerting
- Automation
- Performance turning
- No fear of learning The New Hotness, and no inclination to throw the baby out with the bath water

Some of what we offer, besides your efforts going towards helping people learn more efficiently, and being paid
competitivelyto work on technologies you love with the tools of your choice, is:

- A relaxed work environment. We care about our employees, not how they dress.
- An open, collaborative work environment. If you see something you disagree with, rock the boat. Challenging ourselves
makesus stronger.
- Paid time off. A burned out employee helps nobody.
- 100% employer-paid benefits for you and your qualified dependents
- Stocked kitchens and catered lunches

At this time, we are only looking to hire US citizens or green card holders working on US soil. Working from home is
absolutelyan option for the right candidate, but if you prefer office life, we have offices in Chicago, Salt Lake City,
andSeattle, and are happy to offer relocation assistance.

If this sounds good to you, please send me your resume and let's talk!