Postgresql 7.1.3 on Win98 - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Sushil Kumar
Subject Postgresql 7.1.3 on Win98
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hi,

    I have been trying to install Postgresql 7.1.3 thru Cygwin under Win98.
The docs say that it is not supported but do give a reference to
mha@sollentuna.net. I tried to contact this person but got no response.

    Have anyone succeeded in getting Postgresql to run on Win98 recently
with the Cygwin binaries?

    I have installed cygipc. I start the postmaster with pg_ctl start -o -i.
When I attempt to connect to the database with psql, I get

pq_flush: send() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket

    I have tried setting the PGHOST, PGPORT, PGDATA environment variables.

Thanks and regards,

Sushil Kumar