regression test failure on initdb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darrin Ladd
Subject regression test failure on initdb
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am having a little trouble with the runcheck regression testing of the
compilation that I just performed.  I am running on a Linux Red-Hat 6.2 OS
and currently have Postgres 6.5.3 running in non-default directories and on
a non-default port.  I wanted to install Postgres 7.0.2 in the default areas
and convert over.  I configured the default area and compiled the new
version.  Then I go to perform the runcheck regression test and it fails on
the initdb step.  In the initdb.log the error that is provided is:

FATAL: s_lock(20306f80) at spinc:116, stuck spinlock. Aborting

This seems serious, but I have no idea where to start to fix this.  Please
point me in the right direction if you can.

Thanks!
Darrin