Re: Feature Request: DROP ALL FROM DATABASE database_name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From carl garland
Subject Re: Feature Request: DROP ALL FROM DATABASE database_name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>I have dreamed of the ability to go GRANT ALL ON DATABASE database_name TO
>USER username and then add a table and them
be able to have permissions to access that table.

Funny you should mention this ... my roomate is sys admin at a colocation
company that is in the process of swicthing over to using
postgresql now. He was asking if there was a way to do exactly this sort of
thing. He ended up going doing \dt pasting into another file and then doing
GRANTs on all tables. He was mainly just looking for GRANT ALL ON DATABASE
not thinking about future tables just a way to GRANT on all tables currently
in database. It would be nice to extend object somehow to include all db
objects.

Best Regards,
Carl Garland