postgresql and MS server 2000 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Florence Lai
Subject postgresql and MS server 2000
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
postgreSQL6.5. I got the error message when I query. <p>The error message : invalid schema or catalog specified for
provider'MSDASQL'.<p>1. I already set up ODBC data Source in Control panal. <p>2. On the sql server, i create the link
serverwith the following field <p>MS OLE DB provider for ODBC driver , link server name and ODBC datasourse name.<p>3.
Ichecked the box "Be made without using a security context" under Security Tab.<p>4. Nothing under "local server login
toremote server login mappings"<p>5. In the server option, only checked on "DataAccess" and "User remote
collection"<p>Afterthat,I can see all the tables name in my postgreSQL database<p>I guess, If I can view all the table,
itmeans that the setting is corrected. isn't it?<p>Is it something else that I need to do to make it works?<p>When I
setupthe linked server, Do I have to provide info for location , catalog , provider string ???<p>I try to query with 4
part- servername.database.owner.table<p>but I got this error too. <p>Server: Msg 7312, Level 16, State 1, Line
1<p>Invaliduse of schema and/or catalog for OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL'. A four-part name was supplied, but the provider
href="http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag_itl_EN.asp">http://explorer.msn.com</a><br/>