Databases Vs. Schemas - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Subbiah, Stalin
Subject Databases Vs. Schemas
Date
Re: Databases Vs. Schemas
Re: [ADMIN] Databases Vs. Schemas
List pgsql-performance
--sorry to repost, just subscribed to the list. hopefully it gets to the
list this time --

Hi All,

We are evaluating the options for having multiple databases vs. schemas on a
single database cluster for a custom grown app that we developed. Each app
installs same set of tables for each service. And the service could easily
be in thousands. so Is it better to have 1000 databases vs 1000 schemas in a
database cluster. What are the performance overhead of having multiple
databases vs. schemas (if any). I'm leaning towards having schemas rather
than databases but i would like to get others opinion on this. Appreciate
your reply.

Thanks,
Stalin