Re: MySQL search query is not executing in Postgres DB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: MySQL search query is not executing in Postgres DB
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Feb 17, 2012, at 11:28 AM, Christopher Browne wrote:
> And I have *zero* confidence that for PostgreSQL to rule out "LIKE
> '1%'" is preventing those designs from getting built...
>
> When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing it to the
> question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"

He would turn to Tonto, who undoubtably would advise:

If you want to treat an integer like a string, figure out how to convert your integer into a string …

The original query strikes me as being similar to expecting the Lone Ranger's six-shooter to be capable of shooting
Tonto'sarrows.

----
Don Baccus
http://donb.photo.net