RE: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jackson, DeJuan
Subject RE: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters
Date
List pgsql-admin
> > Has anyone tried running multiple postmasters w/ the same data
> > directory.
> > Any issues to watch out for?  Problems with locking?
> > All of the systems would be running on Red Hat 5.1 x86.
>
> Hard to imagine why you would want to do that.  pg_log would be shared
> by all backends, even if they connect to different databases, so this
> is
> very bad.
Where is the pg_log located?  The only thing they would share would be
data directories.  I plan on running each backing on different machines
sharing a data directory.  It's more for load distribution than anything
else.
        -DEJ