Re: No source files from which to build Postgis extension - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Norman Vine
Subject Re: No source files from which to build Postgis extension
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Jason Tishler writes:

> Andrew,
>
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 01:12:33PM +0100, Andrew Bailey wrote:
> > So i think i've got two choices;
> > [snip]
>
> There is a third option.  Convince the PostGIS folks to contribute their
> code to the PostgreSQL contrib tree.  Then the PostGIS extension would
> become part of the standard Cygwin PostgreSQL package automatically:
>
>     http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2003-02/msg00026.html

I continue to suggest this and it may happen in the future but until then

The easiest way to get PostGIS running in Cygwin is probably just to
install the binary Cygwin PostgreSQL distribution and then add my
pre-compiled PostGIS package on top.

for a link to the binary package and the changes I had to make see
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2003-March/002260.htm

HTH

Norman