fuzzystrmatch patch Alphagram based fuzzy string matching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ian Small
Subject fuzzystrmatch patch Alphagram based fuzzy string matching
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Joseph and pgsql-hackers,

OMNIconnect  has been experimenting with your
contrib/fuzzystrmatch software

It is very interesting and powerful. Thanks.

We have come up with some ideas of our own and want contribute them to the Postgresql contribs tree

OMNIconnects  idea is another way to do fuzzy str matching,
using alpha grams (Like anagrams but letters are listed alphabetically).

May be OMNIconnects idea could be included in the fuzzystrmatch contrib tree

Regards
Ian
Attachment