Re: CommitFest Wiki page annoyance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: CommitFest Wiki page annoyance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
--On Mittwoch, April 23, 2008 03:17:54 +1000 Brendan Jurd
<direvus@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a look into the history on the CommitFest page.  It looks like
> Alvaro unintentionally clobbered the previous five edits, which went
> back about four hours.  I've restored those changes now, but it is
> definitely worrying that such a drastic regression could occur.
>
> The only way I can conceive of this happening is that Alvaro was
> making his edits on a *very* old copy of the edit page.

Hmm yes, after looking at the diff again i see that Alvaro committed 23
minutes after my changes, maybe he had opened the wiki page *a lot* earlier
before starting to edit it.....?

--  Thanks
                   Bernd