Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding pg_rewrite.ev_enabled - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding pg_rewrite.ev_enabled
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jan 25, 2007, at 5:33 PM, Jan Wieck wrote:
> A new per session GUC variable, restricted to superusers, will
> define if the session is in origin or replica mode.

It would be nice if we had a separate role for replication services
so that we weren't exposing superuser so much. IIRC Oracle even uses
2 roles; one for administration of replication and one that the
replication code actually runs under.