RE: Timeout parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nagaura, Ryohei
Subject RE: Timeout parameters
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, kirk-san.

> From: Jamison, Kirk
> Ok. So I'd only take a look at TCP_USER_TIMEOUT parameter for now (this
> CommitFest), and maybe we could resume the discussion on socket_timeout
> in the future.
Yes, please.

> Your patch applies, however in TCP_backend_v10 patch, your documentation
> is missing a closing tag </varlistentry> so it could not be tested.
> When that's fixed, it passes the make check.
Oops! Fixed.

> what's the reason to emphasize Windows not supported in a separate
> paragraph?
I thought that it needs to be warned because there are some windows users.
But I came upon the idea that there are no need even it.
Thus the former doc you suggested seems better and I minor fixed doc to yours.

> (Note: I haven't checked which Linux versions are supported, I got it
> from your previous patch version.)
FYI, [1]

[1] http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/tcp.7.html
Best regards,