Re: could not create lock file postmaster.pid: No such file or directory, but file does exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Goethals / SNP
Subject Re: could not create lock file postmaster.pid: No such file or directory, but file does exist
Date
List pgsql-general
OK, it is clear to me that I didn't make the best choices setting up this database. :(
I am happy I found this list because I am learning a lot in a very short period of time. :) Thank you all for your tips
andcomments.

I will definitely move the database to a Linux-system and set fsync to on. I hope this will give me a more stable
environment. Furthermore I'll dive into the whole database-backup subject so next time I'll have something to restore
ifthings go wrong.

Rob Goethals.