Re: OS X Kernel settings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guido Neitzer
Subject Re: OS X Kernel settings
Date
Re: OS X Kernel settings  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 03.04.2007, at 23:00, Jamie Deppeler wrote:

> Is it possible to set shared memory settings on the fly in OS X
> like you can in Linux e.g. sysctl -w kernel.shmmax=134217728

If this wasn't changed recently - no you can't.

If you use /etc/sysctl.conf make sure it is loaded in /etc/rc before
the values are set in there. I'm not sure whether Apple has fixed the
bug in the startup script, where the external file was referred AFTER
the values where set. And when they are set, they are final ...

cug