Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Oct 25, 2012, at 2:58 PM, Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it> wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> Il 25/10/12 14:31, Josh Berkus ha scritto:
>> It's not helpful if the exceptions make our numbers look smaller than MySQL's ...
> I have no idea about the numbers we already have, so I don't know if that's below MySQL.
>
> But I would simply take them for what they are: download hits from the PostgreSQL community website. If we are afraid
ofthe absolute numbers, I think it is important also to monitor the trend.

> I would not mind - if possible - an automated process that every day aggregates this data based (just making it up)
onUTC. Then publish this data on the website somewhere.

> I volunteer to help with this process, if it does not exist yet.
>
> Cheers,
> Gabriele

+1.  Particularly to look at the trends and see where we are increasing/decreasing on downloads.  We can also try to
identifyany correlation with other marketing efforts and see, for instance, if press coverage or other mentions are in
factdriving more downloads.

Jonathan